Resolution is asking me to ship back to seller

atom6611
New Community Member

I ordered 2 products from a seller and they came not as described and 1 was broken. The seller was no help because the wanted me to ship the products back and THEN they would refund me. 

How can I trust a seller that has removed their website. I escalate the dispute to PayPal which has now decided that I will get a full refund once I prove the product has been shipped at my expense.

The product cost me a total of $82.... Shipping by UPS is over $200 or $124 with USPS.

How is this correct and how can PayPal expect you to ship at a loss!? 

DOES ANYONE HAVE ADVICE FOR A SITUATION SUCH AS THIS?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PP resolution center evidently is operated by a machine, or an artificial intelligence algorithm. No other explanation why it rules disputes the way it does, so the trick is to get a human involved. Go to message center and start a chat, get past the automated questions to talk to a live person, then proceed to explain the situation. Even though the agent might tell you PP's policy is you have to return the item, argue that the items are worthless items and that it will cost more than the original price to send it back. PP will reimburse you max $30 for return shipping cost, but still no guarantee you get refund on purchase, since I think seller has to confirm receipt of item before PP will refund. So if seller is scammer, obviously they wouldn't confirm receipt.

Have to be persistent with the reps to get any results.

Login to Me Too

Aussie-Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Contact PayPal direct or ring them in your country and explain the situation You may just have to take a loss and not ship back. And then List the items for sale and possibly get a local buyer who wants them so get most of your money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.