Resolution dispute

Licrogib
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased an item using PayPal from China. Arrived was tiny and not as advertised plus bought 2 and sent 1. It is about 1/1000rth if size they advertised do not as described. PayPal say I have to return to China for refund of 19.99 dollars. I’m saying I shouldn’t have to pay return postage but PayPal won’t answer me. Pls help. Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Licrogib 

As per buyer protection terms, you're not entitled to return shipping costs. PayPal cannot force seller to provide it, nor can refund you more than you originally paid within the dispute.

However, PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

But you must return item or lose the dispute.

PayPal won't let you keep item and money as punishment to the seller. PayPal rules that seller loses sale, loses shipping costs to ship to you, their item returned and refund issued of original amount. You return item on your dime, get refunded and get return shipping reimbursed where eligible.

If that is unsatisfactory to you, you may forfeit the PayPal dispute and dispute through your card issuer exclusively if that is how you paid. Once you do that, there is no going back and the PayPal dispute is closed and can't be reopened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Licrogib 

As per buyer protection terms, you're not entitled to return shipping costs. PayPal cannot force seller to provide it, nor can refund you more than you originally paid within the dispute.

However, PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

But you must return item or lose the dispute.

PayPal won't let you keep item and money as punishment to the seller. PayPal rules that seller loses sale, loses shipping costs to ship to you, their item returned and refund issued of original amount. You return item on your dime, get refunded and get return shipping reimbursed where eligible.

If that is unsatisfactory to you, you may forfeit the PayPal dispute and dispute through your card issuer exclusively if that is how you paid. Once you do that, there is no going back and the PayPal dispute is closed and can't be reopened.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.