Resolution denied but vendor cancelled subscription due to dispute. I am now out almost $40.

Sandereina
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute because I felt the item I paid for was not as described.  It was a subscription to Crime Magazine.  While dispute was open the company contacted me to tell me that my subscription was cancelled due to the dispute!  Now Paypal has sided with the vendor and now I don't have anything but a sour taste in my mouth.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandereina 

What reason did you report the transaction under?

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The product or service was not delivered to you. 

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

Whether you win a case or not is highly dependent on filing the appropriate report. If you feel there was a error in the decision, sufficient and convincing evidence must be submitted on appeal.

An appeal may be filed through the case in the resolution center or contacting customer service:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

TIP: Perseverance, gets the prize. Be objective without the emotion. If the appeal fails, and you paid with a credit card, try disputing through your card issuer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.