Resolution date keeps dragging on

dtamas
Contributor
Contributor

My case (PP-D-84291429) is dragging on since 22/09/2020 when I have escalated my dispute to Paypal (after waiting for an additional week, per seller's request).

So the resolution was first estimated for 02/10/2020, now after countless delays it's at 01/11/2020. Usually ca. 2 days before reaching, it's reestimated 4-5 days from the current date.

"Funny thing" that the "tracking number" the seller has provided went from

"The shipment has been processed by the sender. You will receive further information as soon as the shipment is received by DHL."

to "This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later.".

So practically the item was never sent, and now even the registered tracking number has been deleted from the system too.

And this is for a purchase made on 01/09/2020 with "1-week-delivery (2-5 business days)" theoretically within the EU...

I'm wondering for what exactly is Paypal customer service still waiting for? Christmas?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dtamas
Contributor
Contributor
Finally, either PP decided to review the case (after yet another email), or I have managed to convince BG customer support that they should close the PP dispute themselves by accepting my refund request - the refund has been processed.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dtamas
Contributor
Contributor
Needless to say, it was yet again delayed, and now it’s 04/11/2020.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dtamas 

Think paypal are inundated at the moment from claims from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads so all claims are being pushed back.

If yours is still open you have a chance of a refund but may have to wait a few months in the long queue. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dtamas
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! In fact yesterday I had a chat with Banggood support. They’d be ready to refund me IF I closed the dispute at Paypal. Why should I close the dispute first? Just because, no explanation. Needless to say, if they would *somehow* (yet again) fail to deliver on their promise, then I would have no further options. On the other hand they would have a proof of the refund which they could send to Paypal, even if I would fail to honor my promise of closing the dispute afterwards. Btw. I had a similar case on Aliexpress, they have processed my request on the same day (!!!) that I have opened the dispute. Conclusion: forget about Banggood and Paypal, and use Aliexpress instead.
Login to Me Too
Solved

dtamas
Contributor
Contributor
Finally, either PP decided to review the case (after yet another email), or I have managed to convince BG customer support that they should close the PP dispute themselves by accepting my refund request - the refund has been processed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.