Resolution centre moving goalpost daily, what is a reasonable time frame to resolve an issue

mariano-london
Contributor
Contributor

I open a dispute with a seller that sold a broken laptop to me, I contacted paypal customer centre via email and calls and I can't find a proper answer of when the issue would be resolved.

Every day the estimate date is changing and no a simple person answer when there is a date for the resolution

is this a tactic to make you feel tired and give up?

I starting to think so, instead of taking a stand they are allowing dodgy sellers get away without taking responsability of the right of a buyer.

Shall I start looking for other legal ways to try to find a resolution?

what was your experience using the resolution centre?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariano-london 

Have you escalated to a claim? You only have up to 20 days to do so.

If you have then sadly paypal is inundated with claims at the moment from buyers that bought tat from China web sites or Social Media ads so all claims are being delayed.

All you can do is wait it out for your turn in the queue, as long as its 'open' you have a chance of a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mariano-london
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for your reply

I understand that things are not easy, with many claims and so on, the claim was escalated a month ago, what I found not serious is to change estimate resolution case everyday.

It does not look serious, and after reading a few post here, It seems like they can take several months, this really is not the kind of protection a buyer want, I may start making a complain and look to work out small claims court uk knowing they would take almost the same time

or maybe would be faster.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariano-london 

If the seller was UK as well then if they are informed you are going to pursue them in the small claims court they may re-think and refund so worth telling them that BUT don't close your dispute unless you are definitely going to go ahead. 

Also you have the option for a chargeback via a credit card issuer but again do not go ahead unless you are pretty sure you will get a quicker refund that way because as soon as you do a chargeback paypal will close your claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mariano-london
Contributor
Contributor

However is not collaborating but yes the seller is in UK so that makes everything easier to pursuit that route

I would not close the claim in pay-pal at all, but I would not trust  them as I did in the last years. I will leave the convenience and use my bank to deal with this pesky sellers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.