Resolution centre issue

Kridderly
Contributor
Contributor

I was sent the wrong item from a seller in China who insisted on only offering me a partial refund despite months of emails. I raised a claim in resolution centre and PayPal have agreed I'm due a total refund but have said that I am liable for the postage and that I must enter a tracking number in order to proceed. I object strongly to paying over £13 for returning something I should never have received in the first place but can't find any other way to complain

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

@Kridderly

@Dee117

Hi, there! 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, in the U.S and in the UK, you can request a refund for the return shipping costs once you have activated the 'Return on us' service. Based on your Country, the refund amount may vary. 

I hope this helps!

Martina  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Dee117
Contributor
Contributor
I have had a similar issue with a Chinese scam site. Still waiting to hear from paypal. I don’t think I should pay shipping for seller’s mistake.
Login to Me Too

Kridderly
Contributor
Contributor
How did you contact PayPal? I'd already raised a claim and they had ruled on it so now my only option to reply is giving the tracking number which I clearly don't want to do so I need an alternative
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

@Kridderly

@Dee117

Hi, there! 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, in the U.S and in the UK, you can request a refund for the return shipping costs once you have activated the 'Return on us' service. Based on your Country, the refund amount may vary. 

I hope this helps!

Martina  

Login to Me Too

Dee117
Contributor
Contributor

I got a counterfeit so the real company and the Canadian Mounted Police told me to go through my card company rather than PayPal. More user friendly. 

Login to Me Too

Kridderly
Contributor
Contributor
Good idea, thanks. I'm sorted now but will do that in future
Login to Me Too

Kridderly
Contributor
Contributor
Perfect! Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.