Resolution centre is just as bad as the criminals!

Jono99
Contributor
Contributor

After 60 days the resolution centre closed my case in favour of the seller as they provided a shipping number! I don't know who works on there fraud team but I must assume their incompetence is part of the job requirements. Despite the company I ordered from been a scam website, a pdf receipt for a climbing frame, evidence of false email addresses and shipping information and photos of a $2 piece of plastic arriving at my house and even then the receipt and tracking number for me sending this back to there dispatch centre they still ruled in favour of the seller.

The simple answer is PayPal do not look after there customers! They take your money and you have zero buyer protection. No one available at the end of a phone or for an online chat! Now sorry but a company that operates solely online not been able to continue normal operations is a disgrace! 

Put simply if a seller provides PayPal a shipping number they will always win the dispute in the resolution centre! These scams are coming out of China and have been making millions and as long as PayPal get their money they don't care.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

McMMike
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  The dispute goes back 3 months, nothing ever received.  The Chinese sender removed the website.

Good luck trying to contact PayPal.  They hide better than the Wizard of OZ.  As soon as this is resolved I'm canceling my PPal Account.  

Login to Me Too

Jono99
Contributor
Contributor

I will be closing my account asap! Completely unacceptable in this day and age! I don not know what they are doing but they should be held responsible for there actions and treated like the criminals they are aiding on a daily basis!

Login to Me Too

muffie3486
Contributor
Contributor

Told paypal the 2 email addresses they sent me for the company that both emails came back as undeliverable. Paypal still makes you wait. But nothing you can do when they do get this fixed if they ever do I am closing my paypal card, etc.

Login to Me Too

Jono99
Contributor
Contributor

So it would appear despite having overwhelming evidence if a seller provides a tracking number the employees at PayPal instantly side with the seller. So my argument is this! My original receipt was for an item dispatched in America using a tracking number with USPS. No item was ever logged, collected or dispatched. The seller updates tracking information to PayPal only as they have obviously changed there company name and email address and the item is now coming out of China! Now to me that's a red flag! Secondly original provided email address becoming invalid is a second red flag! Company website is gone and no contact information can be found third red flag right there! How incompetent are the PayPal employees and fraud/resolution team, I am guessing their training and qualifications are less than minimal. 

In future its great to know if I decide to take up a role as a fraudster all I have to do is provide dodgy shipping information and PayPal will side with me. Criminals the lot of them and they should be treated as such, there is no excuse in this day and age for the incompetence and negligence.

Login to Me Too

jrivie2
New Community Member

I got caught in this trap, too.  PayPal is nothing more than the facilitator of these crimes.  No amount of proof matters.  Maybe they deliberately try to be as incompetent as possible so that they can just pretend to be really really stupid when they're charged with all or a portion of these crimes. 

Anyway, PayPal is becoming irrelevant, and I'll be closing my account just as soon as the dust settles on my claim which has been open and re-opened for 2 months.  

These people are lucky that their physical location and identities aren't provided anywhere. 

Login to Me Too

Madman951
I have one question I've filed my dispute befor i even received my order for the simple fact I order two Items and when I traked my order it only stated one item..i ended up receiving the order which was 1 not what I order and 2 nowhere near the weight of what I order order a drill set and got 5 face mask
Login to Me Too

Jono99
Contributor
Contributor

Ensure you take photos of the product received in the packaging, a receipt of what you purchased and if possible upload as much documentation as possible to PayPal and change your dispute to item received severely not as described. That way they can not use the excuse the seller provided a tracking number. Also make sure you take a photo of the return address on the packaging. This will stop the company trying to get you to send the parcel international's which will cost more than the refund.

Login to Me Too

Vickie20
Contributor
Contributor
This is so disconcerting! I placed an order through a website 07/19/20 and received a shipping email today stating it has shipped with a USPS tracking number, but when I enter the number to track it comes back as delivered 07/15/29 and was also attached to an Amazon order! 🤬
Login to Me Too

Leifhackman
Contributor
Contributor

What comes to my mind is that I would probably contact the postal services or courier that was said to have been used for the delivery and ask if they could provide me the information was the tracking number valid for their services. If it is a valid shipping number I would ask if they could tell me where and when was the shipment with that shipping number shipped. Then, do the dates of purchase & delivery and destination match with my order.

I am not sure if that information is available from the courier but that comes in my mind what I would try. Also, of course the PayPal people would need to read the explanation and do the 1+1 math behind it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.