Resolution center issue

Godisgood2me
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a seller for a recent on-line purchase. I mistakenly sent to the wrong address. I realized it quickly and contacted the resolution center and asked them to cancel the transaction. I then sent the money to the seller's correct address. Pay Pal denied my request and said it did not fit their requirements. I then appealed that decision and asked them what I should do the get my money back. They denied the appeal and sent no suggestions on how I could get the money back. I just received my credit card bill and I was charged twice. I contacted the seller and he only got paid once. So what do I do now since I can not talk to anyone at Pay Pal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Godisgood2me 

You can't cancel a completed transaction as paypal legally cannot dip into someones account and help themselves to pay you back again because you made a mistake.

I expect you opened a dispute for ''unauthorised'' did you? 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction which of course it was.

If you reached out to the ''wrong'' email address and requested that they refund the monies then they may well have done so.

However if not you could have opened a dispute for ''non receipt of item'' as they have nothing to send you and you should have had a refund.

Unfortunately you are only allowed x1 dispute per transaction so you could ask customer services if they will open a second for you but they do not have to and may refuse.

If they do then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they can help you with a chargeback? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Godisgood2me
Contributor
Contributor

I took responsibility for my mistake in the comments section of my dispute. All I asked was they tell me what I would need to do to get my money back. I expected some kind of message back from them that would lead me in the right direction. Instead I got a notice that they had denied my claim because it did not meet their guidelines. When I submitted the appeal I asked again for some help on what I would need to do to get my money back. And again I got a message back denying my claim. No help. I finally called my credit card company and they put a hold on payment and then I finally found a phone number to PayPal and was able to talk to a real live person. The person I talked to did a great job of taking care of my issue and it has been resolved now. I did however get an e-mail from Paypal saying since I had gotten my credit card company involved they could not continue the investigation. They had closed the case weeks before so I don't know what they were investigating. If they had answered my question in the original request I would not have been forced to contact the credit card company. I will be reluctant to use pay pal in the future. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.