Resolution center: Seller contacted me privately asking me to cancel case

rmont91
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered lights from a company in China almost 6 months ago. I received 1 of 2 lights in a single box. I contacted the company and they originally denied this and pointed to the tracking information for the single light so I opened a case in the resolution center. The seller then contacted me via private email to apologize and say they would ship the light if I close the case on PayPal, I tried to add this information (they admitted they sent one light) but was not able to. Today I get an email that my case was denied because there was a shipping label.

I guess I don't understand the point of the resolution center if you cannot upload more information (I also emailed the general customer service email over a week ago to about this, with no response). Is there any way to appeal this? Even without the admission, the lights are literally too big for both to fit in the box they sent.

Very poor first experience with the resolution center.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

helen9872
Contributor
Contributor

You can try contacting them using the Message Centre or Twitter them. I found message them through the message centre helps a lot.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Next to the message box in a chat is a paperclip icon, that is for uploading files.

Login to Me Too

rmont91
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, of course, I uploaded the files I had when I opened the case, but unless I'm missing something obvious there is no way to upload more information once the case is open. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.