Resolution Center

afdpm
Contributor
Contributor

There are a couple disputes that have been opened against me. When paypal asks me to respond, i have sent multiple messages and given tracking info. Yet the dispute is left in the ‘message received’ center. i have not received any recent messages. I was just wondering why it hasn’t been placed in the ‘waiting sellers response’ category as they were sent a week ago.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @afdpm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

If you have responded to a case that was filed on a payment but the case is remaining in the 'Message received', it may be that the buyer simply filed a dispute and not a claim. If this is the case, you would see the status as 'Open'. The dispute is an initial phase where the buyer and the seller try to find a friendly solution. The dispute can only stay open for a maximum of 20 days and during this time, PayPal does not intervene. The dispute is an exchange of messages between the parties involved and this would explain why you see the case in the 'Messages received' section. Both parties can escalate the case but if none of you does, the situation would be considered resolved and due to this, closed on seller's favour. 

You can find more information on our process by clicking 'Security' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.