Resolution Center won’t let me choose the correct reason for my problem

Rhondap62
Contributor
Contributor

I paid a guy for an item through Paypal but I never received the item. In the resolution center the only choice I have for type of problem is to report unauthorized activity. How do I let Paypal know my real reason for c

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Rhondap62,

Thanks for posting about this. 

If you only have the option to report the payment as unauthorised, this is most likely because you sent the payment using the friends and family option. Friends and family payments are intended to be used for things like paying a friend back for lunch or sending a gift payment to family. These types of payments aren’t covered by PayPal’s Purchase Protection. You can find full details on Purchase Protection here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security. When there's a problem with a friends and family payment, we strongly encourage the sender and recipient to work together toward a resolution. If a resolution can't be met and you paid via card or bank, you may want to reach out to your financial institution to seek other dispute options.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.