Resolution Center case closed

kerpe420
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I need help or some answers. So this is what happened. I decided to buy digital items from someone and sent him the money. At first the money didnt go to him as it needed confirmation that I received the goods. I confirmed it as I trusted him. He got the money. A few days pasted and he didnt send me the items. I got worried that he had scammed me so I opened up Resolution Center case that I didnt receive my items. I don't know is this a refund or something but he lost the money from his paypal balance. He got into debt. Then he finally responded to me and said he had problems with the items at first but he got them and suddenly he got into debt because of me. I quickly went to my paypal account and flagged the case as resolved. Now it says the case is closed. Neither of us got the money which I sent in the first place. He is still in debt. My question is what happens now. In my activity it shows I've sent him money and when I check my cases it says the case is closed. Nothing more. Will he get the balance back or will I receive some kind of refund? I sent Paypal an email about this. I really hope someone helps me understand what happens next. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kerpe420

First of all, you shouldn't have confirmed the payment before you received your items. This is why PayPal puts holds on the funds in the first place.  Second, when a dispute is filed, PayPal deducts the amount from seller's PayPal balance to put on hold pending outcome of dispute and puts it in the negative or in debt if there are no funds in the seller account.

Since you closed the dispute, this debit is released of the seller or funds are released to the seller. I don't know whether to believe the seller if they got the funds or not at this point. And you won't be able to re-open or open a new dispute on this case. But I think you should contact PayPal customer service to see if the seller got this money but you still didn't get your goods.  Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kerpe420

First of all, you shouldn't have confirmed the payment before you received your items. This is why PayPal puts holds on the funds in the first place.  Second, when a dispute is filed, PayPal deducts the amount from seller's PayPal balance to put on hold pending outcome of dispute and puts it in the negative or in debt if there are no funds in the seller account.

Since you closed the dispute, this debit is released of the seller or funds are released to the seller. I don't know whether to believe the seller if they got the funds or not at this point. And you won't be able to re-open or open a new dispute on this case. But I think you should contact PayPal customer service to see if the seller got this money but you still didn't get your goods.  Click "Help" at the top menu, then scroll down and click "Contact Us" and then select the phone option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.