Resolution Center & Purchase Protection Plan

MARY1256
New Community Member

I TOTALLY disagree with the Resolution Centers conclusion and denial of my claim.  I am having difficulty contacting them now to re-evaluate their mistaken conclusion.   Is there a way to do that?  I keep getting error messages.  Here are the quick details of my claim so you can see I am not a whack job and this is a total mistake on their part  - 

12/8/18 ordered & paid for product.  12/29/18 - 22 days AFTER order was placed, still did not receive item so cancelled order.  No communication from seller.  1/7/19 escalated to claim in Paypal  as per Purchase Protection.  1/14/19 Seller ships item - 2 weeks AFTER order was cancelled. 1/29/19 Item was received.  2/1/19 Paypal resolution center denies claim stating that I received the product therefore denies my reimbursement. I will gladly return the product (at their expense) because the order was cancelled WAY before it was shipped.  I would like a FULL REFUND!  I get better customer service at a store!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MARY1256

PayPal's purchase protection is not 100% and only covers you under certain situations. You will need to keep in contact with the seller to resolve the matter.

You filed an Item Not Received dispute, you eventually received the item and so the order wasn't technically "canceled" because you would have received a refund and would have no need to file a dispute so in PayPal's opinion, you got your order so case closed. The purchase program does not make concessions on things such as delays in shipping. Just whether you received item or not or if item was as described. 

You might try and change the dispute into a SNAD (Significantly not as described) but there are limitations as to what constitutes as a SNAD:

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

If you can conjure up a reason that would fit as a SNAD and win the opportunity to return item for a refund at your own expense, all the power to you.

Contact customer service to switch reason for closed claim:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.