Resolution Center - Under Review

tom31874
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - purchased an item back in September and ended up opening a case in November.  I was refunded by PayPal in late November, however the case is still open in the Resolution Center with a Status of "under Review".  Each time If check the status it the "Estimated Case Resolution" date keeps getting pushed out by another week.  I have received my refund - why am I unable to close this case?  I have talked to PayPal and PayPal Credit (who was used to pay for the item) and each one states I need to talk to the other.  Is there anyone at PayPal that I can ask what exactly the are "reviewing" because each time I call the Customer Service number they are not much help.  Since it is under review I cannot close it in the Resolution Center but I received my refund about two months ago.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tom31874,

I'm sorry to hear that the case will not close out and customer service has not been able to resolve the issue so far. Please reach out to customer service again, as they are the only ones who can take action in your account and provide account-specific assistance. if there's a technical issue preventing a customer service representative from closing out the case, please ask them to bring the issue to the attention of technicians to look at.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tom31874
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the response, however I reached back out to them via Chat and they stated (as I have heard many times during the last month), "I notice that this case belongs to your card company. Meaning, you filed a case with your card company and they approached PayPal to file this dispute and we act as per their advise.  Hence, we can close the case only when your card company contacts us. I suggest you to talk to your card company asking them to contact PayPal. Once we hear from them, well we must then close it, as they own this case."  Now, I have repeatedly spoke between the two companies (PP and PP Credit) and both continue to tell me there is nothing they can do and I must contact the other group.  I will call PP Credit again tomorrow and will update this thread with what they tell.  I will also ask for a supervisor (as I have done in the past) to try and resolve.  Unfortunately I do not have high hopes but will update the thread nonetheless.  I have used PP and PP Credit for more than a decade and I have never come across this lack of ownership before.  It is just frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.