Resolution Center - Resolved Claim Refund Time

Tristan_Rains
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I got an email earlier today stating that a case I had opened a few weeks before was resolved and settled in my favor. I checked my PayPal account, and there it clearly said that a refund was given out. However, upon checking my bank account for the transaction, it was nowhere to be found. Why is there a discrepancy? Does it usually take a while for it to show up in my bank account transactions, even though I can already see the refund in PayPal? To clarify, it did, in fact, state that the refund was given to my debit card and not to my PayPal balance. It's also the same card that I made the original purchase with, and the one connected to my bank account. So, how long does this process usually take?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tristan_Rains

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.