Resolution Center Question - I Returned Item But Case Still Under Review

CAgolfer1982
Contributor
Contributor

Title pretty much says it all. I filed a dispute over an eBay purchase as item not as described and escalated it to PayPal after the seller didn't respond. I was instructed by PayPal to return the item and input the tracking information. I shipped the item back and put the USPS tracking number into PayPal where prompted - then, of course, I lost the tracking receipt. This was several weeks ago and I am sure the item was returned to the eBay seller because he relished the item with the same photos. The PayPal case is still under review and was just extended from April 12 to May 12 for how long PayPal will have it under review. Can anyone offer any guidance on what I can do here or why this is taking so long? I have already returned the item, so I am out the money and the item right now and don't understand why PayPal needs more time to review.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ming387
Contributor
Contributor

If you have input the tracking number into PayPal you should also be able to track the return status online. If the return status shows the item has already been delivered, then you have something to complain to PayPal about - give them a call if that is the case.

Don't assume the item being relisted is the same item as the seller may have multiple same items. You need to check that return tracking number to confirm return.

PayPal is extremely slow with their responses and can take months to resolve very simple cases. Give them a call if it is returned and hopefully somebody with the right privileges can help you resolve/close the case sooner.

PS: Also beware of worse case scenarios where the seller can then file a claim against you for the item being returned is damaged or not in its original condition.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.