Resolution Center Lack of Communication and Lack of Resolution

bangernelly
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeking an explaination as to what exactly the criteria for refunds and acceptable resolutions with regards to PayPal. I recently asked for help resolving an issue with a Chinese vendor who used a stolen photo to Bait and Switch me out of money. I was sold an item that is useless and not even worth the gas money it would take to drive to the post office let alone ship back to China from the USA for a very partial refund. The overseas vendors obviously know this and thus have this "resolution"  or lack thereof down to a science. Paypal offered no explaination and simply closed my case and now i am out all my money for nothing....absolutely nothing. I have been with PayPal for a very long time and now am ready to try Venmo and/or Apple Pay due to this lack of regard for customer service. Has anybody else experienced similar issues? Do I have any options as far as getting my money back?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

fgard3620
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal recently changed their chat support to India and they are the most useless and stupid people I have ever encountered. I don't think they even know what Paypal/USPS is and are just reading through a manual (if yes.... go to page 64, if no go to page 58). 

Sorry I do not have a solution for you. Before you were able to reach Filipino support who it seemed like actually knew how to use Paypal and at least tried to solve your problems. I've been struggling with an INR received case where the buyer obviously put the wrong zip code and have contacted paypal 30 times and did not reach anyone even slightly concerned. IN the past any USA/Filipino based rep would have fixed this in 30 seconds. 

Treat it as shoplifting/pickpocketing. You lost this money and nobody will help you.

Login to Me Too

ckgreenthumb
New Community Member

I had almost the exact situation. Chinese company that passed itself off as local boutique. My bracelet arrived smelly and not wearable. Contacted them immediately, and they said to air it out and put in baking soda. PP said I altered product and used that as a basis for refusing my claim - altering product! I went back and forth with Anata Stone for 2 months before contacting PP, and only did what they told me to do. Now I can't get any explanation from PP. Venmo here I come.

Login to Me Too

Motoman707x
Contributor
Contributor
There is no excuse for this **bleep**ing **bleep**
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.