Resolution Center Denied Claim and Unable to Dispute

tncfowers
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute because I never received the items that I ordered.  I received a confirmation email and a shipping email that never updated the shipping status.  I tried to contact the company and they completely shut down their website.  I contacted PayPal for the fraudulent charge on my account and they denied my claim because the company provided a shipping status.  I have tried to call the resolution department and email them and there is no way to get a hold of them.  I am so frustrated!  So a company can steal my money as long as they provide some bogus shipping number and PayPal will not do anything.  That does not seem right!  I thought PayPal was supposed to protect my money and make me feel confident in using their services.

Very disappointed!!  Is there anyway to escalate the claim and get someone to help me out?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

do a chargeback over your credit card or sepa direct debit, depends on how paypal gets the money from you, paypal know this problems with china sellers and do nothing against it. so in my opinion paypal helps this scammers.

Login to Me Too

tncfowers
Contributor
Contributor

That is a good idea!  I will contact my bank.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

tncfowers
Contributor
Contributor

My bank said that PayPal should cover the charge and that is the service that PayPal offers.  I just keep hitting dead ends!!!  HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

mluft
Contributor
Contributor

how did paypal get the money from you? did they book it from your bank account? than its possible to chargeback the sepa direct debit, if you are form the eu.

Login to Me Too

shelleysmith39
Contributor
Contributor
I'm from Canada and the debited the money from my bank account
Login to Me Too

Tashas1980
I have this exact same issue only Visa was happy to help me until they realized how long ago the transaction was and their system won’t allow them to put the reversal through. I’ve been waiting for months for PayPal to respond to my dispute but it’s been under review and the resolution date just keeps getting pushed back. I waited, trusting that PayPal would do the thing it promises to do and protect me from this crap and now I can no longer get a refund through Visa, so my only hope is PayPal, but I no longer have faith in them. I have seen numerous people on Facebook and Reddit reporting the same thing, purchased something, got a bogus shipping number, and PayPal refusing the refund because the item was “shipped”. Visa suggested I call the BBB and report PayPal which I’m going to do if I don’t hear anything in the next couple of days. DO BETTER PAYPAL!
Login to Me Too

miabella11
Contributor
Contributor

This is so wrong! Paypal Community must take action! We cannot let scammers take our money. Paypal charges so high fees but does so little for their customers. This would be my first and my last purchase experience with Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

miabella11
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot trust Paypal for my future purchases. I purchased a patio sectional sofa and guess what! I received a coin sized envelope with a face mask in it! Resolution Center denied because the seller could provide a tracking number and shown a delivered status. How easy they can steal money from online shoppers as long as they can provide a fake tracking number!!! This is not right! I will never give up on this claim. So **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

tncfowers
Contributor
Contributor

I can't reopen my claim so how can I dispute this?  There has to be more options!!  I am so sad to hear that there are so many of us that are getting taken advantage of!   After this I will not purchase anything through PayPal again.  It is ridiculous!  Is there an email address or phone number to actually talk to someone at PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.