Resolution Center Closed my Case

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a patio set that I saw on Facebook. When advertisers advertise on FB you can’t see where they are coming from. Unfortunately for me once I had already paid for this set and got the receipt for payment I saw it was coming straight from China. I know I’d never see it; because it’s so heavy. Anyway I tried to cancel. I contacted the seller and their web site isn’t even a web site at all. I filed a PayPal dispute immediately; I called PayPal immediately . The dispute center closed my dispute and told me that I didn’t have a case. I haven’t received what I purchased and the two representatives were rude and told me that once a case is closed it’s closed. My loss, I’m so angry with PayPal I will never use it again. Every time I’ve used it, it has been a bad experience. I’m very disappointed and would like PayPal to back the customer for once. This was a fixed fraudulent event and they allowed it to happen. I can’t get my money back, I haven’t heard from them at all.
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
No, no tracking number at all.
Login to Me Too

Sailor2You
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have a current email address for PayPal? I can't get anyone to respond to phone calls or that stupid virtual messaging agent about my case.

I need to speak to a live agent regarding a closed case that was decided in the sellers favor. I received an email stating my Case Resolution was decided in seller's favor and the adjudication reason was based on the valid tracking info provided by the seller. I maintain the item was NOT DELIVERED, and I would like the tracking info of the Delivery Service Provider in the State of New Jersey that the seller claims delivered this item (UPS, USPS, FED EX, AMAZON PRIME, etc.). I will personally contact the delivery service and request a conformation of the exact address they delivered it to. You cannot close a case in the seller’s favor if they give a fraudulent tracking number and claim it was delivered. I can only conclude PayPal simply took the word of an unscrupulous seller without taking the time or effort to verify that the delivery service in this state even exists or verified the tracking with a legitimate delivery service in New Jersey. If there is a valid Delivery Service in New Jersey as the seller claims it will be easy to contact them and determine if in fact they made Any Delivery for the Seller, and obtain any valid information they have about the MISSING ITEM! If there is no such delivery service or if the delivery service was never charged with delivering my item then PayPal used fraudulent information provided by the seller to make a determination about my case in the seller’s behalf. If that is the case and PayPal is an honest and legitimate company then I should in all fairness receive my refund.

This is not about the money or the refund anymore. It is about honesty, integrity and the reputation of a company that prides itself as a trusted guardian of the consumer’s funds in America. I certainly hope I haven't been misled by more than just the seller involved in my case.

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Sailor2You 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry to hear that your dispute was closed in favor of the merchant but no worries you still reopen the case even though our customer phone support is not available due to this pandemic that we are in.  Our commitment to our customer does not stop there,  PayPal just open a chat support to service our customer all you have to do is login to your PayPal account and go to Message Center look for the option for Chat wherein you can be able to chat with customer service and they will be more than willing to assist you.  Stay safe and God Bless you and your family.

Login to Me Too

RTPK
Contributor
Contributor

Almost the same issue with me.

Bought item in Jan 2020 and apart from the prompt receipt of order acknowledgement never heard from seller. Followed up a couple of times but no response. I filed a case in the resolution center. Seller gave a China Post tracking number but I was not able to track.

Resolution Center closed my case and found in favor of seller stating that tracking number and proof of delivery was provided.

In desperation, I used the China Post tracking number in Australia Post tracking site hoping it will yield a result. It did. Response was that it was at the local Post Office waiting for collection. I went to the Post Office, gave them the tracking number to check for the parcel. Upon entering the tracking number to their system, it said it was delivered! I told them that it was never delivered and gave them my delivery address to confirm.

Well, addressee and address was not mine!! Due to privacy law, they cannot provide me with the full details. However, they did printed out a screen shot of the detail but black out the name of the addressee and house number but distinctly showed the street name which was different to my street name.

I have emailed PayPal to ica with an attached copy of what was provided to me by Australia Post and have received the standard motherhood reply of:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I realise that this isn't the outcome you'd have wished for, but I hope you understand why we made this decision. While I cannot change this, I will make sure your objection is duly recorded.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal"

I then followed up again and had no response from ica. I then attached the whole email thread and emailed to au executive escalations  on April 8. Not having a response, I followed up again April 16th and still have no response.

Seriously, it is not the money. It's only US$39.98. It's the principle. I do not even think that they actually read my emails/messages and the attachment of different street name. Put in the too hard basket and send the standard response?

As per the suggestion from the reply from a PayPal employee, I have send them a message through the message center. I hope to hear back from them. We will see.

Login to Me Too

bbachrac
New Community Member

Yes, Paypal must be closing cases just to get rid of them. Mine was closed saying I hadn't provided information about defective product, but all the documentation had been attached.

I will now use other payments resources.

Login to Me Too

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
I will never use them again! I’m finished with them. They don’t give a **bleep** about anyone other then the seller. Lately most of the sellers are in China. By the time they figure out what you are saying to them PayPal closes the case. Sick of it and will never use them again. Especially since Amazon will give me a refund and pay to ship the crap back
Login to Me Too

PunksUndead
New Community Member

My case was closed with no explanation of why.  I ordered my item on the May 7th, received shipping information on May 8th.  The tracking number supplied by PayPal took me to UPS tracking, where it says my item was delivered on the May 6th.  Now, how my item could possibly be delivered the day before I even placed my order is beyond me.  I am still waiting to hear something from PayPal as to why this case was closed when it was obviously fraud.

Login to Me Too

innerfish
Contributor
Contributor

I am having exact the same issue as everyone else, facebook ad, scam, got hooked, then at the end found out it's from China, tried to cancel right away, already too late.

This is already frustrated to us, and Paypal is not doing us any favor by standing with scammer side.

In my case, scammer provided a tracking number from China Post, and to my surprised it actually arrived after 1.5 month! But it is not even close to what I ordered. I basically paid $35 for 3 regular USB cables? Are you kidding me? I instantly asked Paypal for refund. Guess what paypal said? Paypal wants me to ship the wrong product back with my own money. Shipping from US to China going to cost $30 alone! Scammer must have known that and knew no one is going to return something that small from US. But not me, it is the principle of this whole thing that upsets me. So I clinched my teeth went to post office and spent $35 to send it back.

Guess what happened next, Paypal closed the case anyway, regardless my tracking number says the shipment already arrived in China. What kind of service is this? Now I lost $35 plus another $35 shipping cost and no product at all, not even the wrong product.

What comes next is finding any real person to talk to at Paypal. No contact number, no contact email, only a bot that repeat the same answer every time I tried to get connect to agent. And that led me here. We should just all quit Paypal…

Login to Me Too

psenderowitz
Contributor
Contributor

Similar situation with me...please advise if PayPal resolves the issue.

Login to Me Too

janmarlee
New Community Member

I am closing my PayPal account.  They said they would be working on my six cases which are fraud people.  They closed my case because they found a "sufficient" proof that the sender had a valid shipping document.  The merchants send a note that says 14 days ago you received this and then you cannot get in touch because you did not receive the merchandise.  PayPal uses this as their proof and not the person using their service.  They are just as much a scam.  I contacted my bank and will be letting everyone I know how bad PayPal is.  Terrible.  I have been scammed twice now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.