Resolution Center Closed my Case

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a patio set that I saw on Facebook. When advertisers advertise on FB you can’t see where they are coming from. Unfortunately for me once I had already paid for this set and got the receipt for payment I saw it was coming straight from China. I know I’d never see it; because it’s so heavy. Anyway I tried to cancel. I contacted the seller and their web site isn’t even a web site at all. I filed a PayPal dispute immediately; I called PayPal immediately . The dispute center closed my dispute and told me that I didn’t have a case. I haven’t received what I purchased and the two representatives were rude and told me that once a case is closed it’s closed. My loss, I’m so angry with PayPal I will never use it again. Every time I’ve used it, it has been a bad experience. I’m very disappointed and would like PayPal to back the customer for once. This was a fixed fraudulent event and they allowed it to happen. I can’t get my money back, I haven’t heard from them at all.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @1stpicturelady 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry that the dispute you had filed was closed but no worries i'm here to help you on this matter, as well as i deeply apologized for the mistreatment that you had encountered.  My question is:  was the merchant able to secure a valid tracking number?  If yes, have you or PayPal able to check the validity of this tracking number?  If the merchant was able to provide a tracking number wherein i assumed that it was valid since the case was closed.  Now what you are going to do right is to file an appeal so that the case will be reopen.  Right now all our customer phone support is closed all you have to do is login to your PayPal account  and go to your Message Center and there will be an option for you to chat with our Chat Support representative they have the capacity to reopen your case and they will give you some details as well as on what you will need to submit for the appeal process.  Hope i was able to assist you.  Stay Safe.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @1stpicturelady 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency.  I'm sorry that the dispute you had filed was closed but no worries i'm here to help you on this matter, as well as i deeply apologized for the mistreatment that you had encountered.  My question is:  was the merchant able to secure a valid tracking number?  If yes, have you or PayPal able to check the validity of this tracking number?  If the merchant was able to provide a tracking number wherein i assumed that it was valid since the case was closed.  Now what you are going to do right is to file an appeal so that the case will be reopen.  Right now all our customer phone support is closed all you have to do is login to your PayPal account  and go to your Message Center and there will be an option for you to chat with our Chat Support representative they have the capacity to reopen your case and they will give you some details as well as on what you will need to submit for the appeal process.  Hope i was able to assist you.  Stay Safe.

Login to Me Too

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
No tracking number and I filed an appeal. They said case was closed.
Login to Me Too

CatChat
Contributor
Contributor
What is the phone line number? How do I file a dispute?
Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @CatChat 

I hope all is well. First, I must say, thank you for taking time to use the community forum to be heard as our phone lines are currently closed due
to the pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. However, it does not stop us from doing service to our customer, PayPal just open a chat support to service our customer all you have to do is login to your PayPal account and go to Message Center look for the option for Chat wherein you can be able to chat with customer service and they will be more than willing to assist you.
Stay safe and God Bless you and your family.

Login to Me Too

JudyV57

It is not true that Paypal will respond to the chat message on the website.  I used it last night and was told someone would respond to me.  I am checking 24 hours later and no response plus my case is gone.  The chat is a virtual assistant, not a live person.

Login to Me Too

1stpicturelady
Contributor
Contributor
I have not seen the refund.
Login to Me Too

Kacy_V
Contributor
Contributor

So did you get a refund?

Login to Me Too

Roberv
Contributor
Contributor
Is it possible to talk to real person. I have filed a cas and the seller gave a fake UPS routing number. I called UPS and they verifies the fake number. I want the aeller to refund me my money and I don't want paypal to close my case. Because of the routing number. I just nees to talk to a real person to add this information to my case and possibly escalate the case.
Login to Me Too

psenderowitz
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem.....let me know if you were able to resolve

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.