Resolution Berrylook ?

FamS
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a resolution case (pre PayPal dispute) with Berrylook. Having read up now how they are scammers~ I'm at a loss. We've agreed they will give me a 65% refund ~not because I should have to sacrifice any of the 100% refund, merely because it sounds like I'd be lucky if I get that; so I caved...I told them to refund within 24h so that I don't need to escalate the dispute to PayPal. They're claiming I need to click this has been resolved before they are able to refund, because PayPal have frozen any transactions while a dispute is in progress...I have no idea if that is true but my feeling is they won't honour it if I do what they say. Do I escalate it to PayPal or go along with their instructions how to get my refund? Has anyone managed to escalate a dispute with them through PayPal and get results?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FamS 

Don't you believe it. The seller can refund from within the non-escalated dispute. The funds are withheld IN ORDER for them TO REFUND.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-for-a-dispute-faq434

If seller continues to delay your refund, escalate to a claim before the 20th day from date of dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FamS 

Don't you believe it. The seller can refund from within the non-escalated dispute. The funds are withheld IN ORDER for them TO REFUND.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-for-a-dispute-faq434

If seller continues to delay your refund, escalate to a claim before the 20th day from date of dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.