Required to provide a receipt on a non seller account

dela5
New Community Member

My account is now limited, I find out the hard way of trying to pay for something and can't.  I have not been notified of this prior.  I go to my account and find that they have now limited my account threatening me of account closure if I do not provide a photo ID and a receipt due to strange account activity.  I have already previously provided a photo ID to open the account as well as my SSN, and they do not indicate what receipt I am suppose to provide and I do not sell things from my account (once 6 years ago on ebay and not since) so what receipts am I supposed to provide and why the need for yet another photo ID.  Frankly they can go f themselves and close the account, I will save more money and deal a lot less with the **bleep** up way they do business anyway.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dela5 

For each of the things in the limitation PayPal is asking for but you do not have, write a letter explaining why, pdf it and upload it to the case.

Apparently, this is some glitch for non-selling accounts as multiple users are reporting this in the forums but go through the motions to resolve it as mentioned above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Brennennn
New Community Member

It looks like this is some sort of bug happening right now, I too am dealing with it and just a quick browse of the forum will show that a ton of other people are dealing with it as well. 

So I'm assuming it's nothing to be worried about and will be resolved soon!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.