Requesting refunds for scammed purchases

Buggamanda
New Community Member

Hello I am needing help on an issue I am having… a few days ago I made a purchase from a website that I’m just now realizing is a fraudulent website. It wanted me to pay through PayPal, but me not ever using my PayPal account figured that they would catch scammers purchase, so I went through with the transaction. Once I realized I fell for the trap, I tried contacting the website of which THEY DO NOT EVEN HAVE A CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER but for refunds & exchanges, they only provide you with an email address. I realized after receiving no replies from the company website, it was time to try to contact PayPal about what to do about a refund since the transaction is still being processed & the website still shows my order is pending and has not been shipped. Well now the problem lies within PayPal since in order to report a problem or even file a dispute, you have to choose the transaction you’re wanting to report from your recent transaction activity, but my transaction activity stills says I have not made any transactions within the last 180 days! I have bank statements showing the purchase through PAYPAL, so I have gotten thrown for a loop & wondering if it’s even worth the headache trying to get my money back?!!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

v00b
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal wont help you they are on the scammers side, good luck trying to talk to an actual person.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@v00b 

And yet so many are posting back saying that they have been refunded, strange that !

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

v00b
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Yeah just look how paypal is talked about/reviewed outside of your moderated forums, fancy that!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@v00b 

Not the point, you said paypal would not help them but paypal DOES help folks, that is why so many are posting back that they have had refunds.

Trouble is a lot of folks buy tat from Social Media ads and then blame paypal for their poor choice of seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Buggamanda 

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover if you bought as a guest buyer and didn't log into your paypal account to pay??? but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.