Requesting ebay refund

Oscy
New Community Member
Hi, I recently bought some plastic baubles for christmas off ebay. I spent $34 on them. I painted some of them but as I got to the bottom of the parcel I found almost half of them broken. The seller offered $4 then $8 refund even though I asked for at least $12 which was me being kind considering so many are broken. Am I better off now opening a paypal dispute? If I got it all refunded would I have to return the items even though I have painted some of them? Or can I request a partial refund if they need to be sent back just to send the unused broken ones back. Sick of the seller being uncooperative even though I received broken items. Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oscy 

The dispute stage of a claim is for you to negotiate with the seller for an agreed resolution.

If you don't come to an agreement then you escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved BUT if they find in your favour you normally have to return everything that you have received back to the seller at your own expense and as you received them ie in the same condition as paypal do not get involved in part returns or part refunds.

Paypal help with return costs if you have activated the below link.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Oscy 

The dispute stage of a claim is for you to negotiate with the seller for an agreed resolution.

If you don't come to an agreement then you escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved BUT if they find in your favour you normally have to return everything that you have received back to the seller at your own expense and as you received them ie in the same condition as paypal do not get involved in part returns or part refunds.

Paypal help with return costs if you have activated the below link.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.