Reporting Unauthorised Access - Gift Card Address??

Grant112
Contributor
Contributor

I'am trying to report unauthorised access on my PayPal account - I have got to the stage of "did you make the changes to your account" and have gotten to " Did you add this gift card address on .....". I am confused on what this gift card address means, I have multiple through the last few months. It may be something to do with my bank card, however i'm not sure and don't want to submit the wrong info to the unauthorised access report.

Please help with any info you have 🙂

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

rommel123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, any help with this? I am on the phone with them now (it was hell getting through to them) and they have no idea.  I also went through the same thing as Grant and I am confused and nervous as I did not do this "gift card address" thing

thank you

Login to Me Too

MadBadByron108
Contributor
Contributor

Having same issue but so far no help here

Login to Me Too

bikodog
New Community Member

Is PayPal interested in helping? 

Login to Me Too

MadBadByron108
Contributor
Contributor

I am finding so far, stock answers from foreign CR people but we'll see about getting it resolved as I've put in more messages to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

giftcardcr4p

Got similar here trying to report an unauthorised Packlink payment. 

"Did you add this gift card address on dd/mm/yy"  About a dozen times with different dates.  No addresses shown.  I don't even know what a 'gift card address' is.   If I wanted to see 'gift card addresses'  on my account where would I find such things?  I answered 'No' to all the questions as I don't even know what it is so I can't have added them.

Login to Me Too

WiktoriaPL
New Community Member

I am also seeing these weird questions, I wanted to report one transaction as possible unauthorized activity and now I can see a whole page asking me about "Did I add this gift card on XXX date"?? I have no idea what any of this means...

Paypal-Weird-Requests.jpg 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.