Reported fraud closed by Paypal as not a problem

mbrogaard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi community,

What can I do? On Ebay, I used Paypal to pay for two identical items, but as soon the payment was done, the seller closed his/her ebay account. I immediately reported this to paypal that found no incorrect behavior and closed my case. I did not receive the items. Then I tried to ask ebay for help, but they could not do anything as I had reported the case to Paypal - I have contact Paypal.

I cannot re-open the claim or open a new case in paypal, as they (I suppose the computer system) finds that the transaction id's already is in the system. The amount of money is not very high (approx. USD 30), however I am flabbergasted that both Ebay AND Paypal is not conducting a more firmly justice. Anyone who knows how to deal with this?

Br mbrogaard

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mbrogaard

What did you open the first dispute for ie what option did you select?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mbrogaard
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I used 'Unauthorized transaction'. Which I know is not exactly what is was but as I remember I found that to be the closest to what happen. However, I cannot open a new claim for the transaction and I cannot open a claim in eBay as this or rather these cases (as I bought two items - in two transactions) are handled by PayPal.

I feel I am stuck.

br mb

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mbrogaard

An unauthorised dispute is telling paypal that YOUR paypal account was hacked and used without your consent to make those transactions.

As paypal will investigate IP addys etc and see that that was not the case the dispute would be closed.

You can only open x1 dispute per transaction and that is why you can't open another one.

If you had opened x2 disputes for 'item not received' then once you had escalated to a claim you would have got a full refund.

Your only option is to contact customer services and see if they will open a dispute for you for non receipt of item as you made a mistake (they will do that sometimes but not always) OR if you funded that payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.