Reported a Scam, but Paypal still Pushed it Through - What do I do?

DanieljSliwa
New Community Member

Hello, 

I was foolishly getting a holiday gift and apparently the company no longer operates but has still been accepting payments. As I was going to the Paypal button I clicked it and the usual Paypal pop up window wasn't the same- quickly tried to exit the page but it was freezing, finally signed out and then the transaction completed itself. I immediately locked my card and informed Paypal of this and opened a case, but they just followed up in around an hour with an empty email and closed the case saying nothing fraudulent occurred. 

I've been on hold with Pay Pal's customer service and requested an agent call out a few times (supposedly in 21-35 mins), but it's been hours. Is there any hope to refund this? I'm just really broken up that Paypal brushed me off like this. Clearly voiced what happened and more so annoyed how quickly they closed everything, especially when I've easily gave them $1000's of purchasing and business transfers. 

Any number to call to talk to someone real? This is really awful service; remember they were SO much better before

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.