Reopen a closed case

NortHD
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to reopen a closed case. 

Currently the website where I purchased something said If I don't close the case on Paypal, they can't "deliver" my order. So I closed it, but they still not gave me the order.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NortHD 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NortHD 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Javierbey
Contributor
Contributor
I never close my case PayPal did and they reopened. My problem was that I have 2 different account .and I have memory problems they did send me email asking me to send them tracking number . And the email that I was checking for was the wrong one so I did int sen what they need. And I still have the receipts that contains that tracking number on it. And also they erase my invoice number from my activity. I bean trying to ask them to reopen my case and there don’t answer my email. Can Pay Pal just keep you money and that it.
Login to Me Too

Fati003
New Community Member

I accidentally closed an open case. I didn't know how PayPal worked. I haven't been refunded. How do I reopen my case so I can be refunded? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fati003 

x1 dispute per transaction, you can't re-open a dispute or open a second one for the same transaction unfortunately.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if your card holder would help you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.