Removing a director/stakeholder from a Paypal account

JohnF11
Contributor
Contributor

I looked at my Paypal account today and was told that it was limited and that I need to send some identifying information. I sent the information but it was all rejected. The email said the data required was for another person ,I'll call him 'XXX', which was not mentioned initially on the actual Paypal site.. XXX was club* treasurer some years ago but is no longer in that role, so he needs to be removed as a Director (Stakeholder?). How can I do this please?

(* the account is for a photography club.)

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

CJ23101
New Community Member

I have the same question, John

The officials listed for our organisation, a charity, ie Trustees/Directors are now known as 'Stakeholders' on Paypal although I dont think they were called that on Paypal when they were first entered a few years ago. Several of the people involved have since stepped down. We have recently been asked to provide the ID of one of them and I have no way of obtaining that person's current ID etc - she is no longer involved with the charity (and indeed was never herself involved with the Paypal a/c as an actual user or account holder but we were required to provide details of all Directors).

It only seems to be possible to Edit the details for an existing 'Stakeholder' such as providing a new address. It doesn't seem to be possible to remove an official completely unless I'm missing something. I would like to remove the Directors/Trustee in question from the account, along with several others  that are no longer involved.

Now our account has been limited, like John's, and we're unable to make refunds. Shortly we will not even be able to receive incoming payments.

Any ideas please?

Login to Me Too

JohnF11
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, exactly the same problem. I have also (once I found way to do it, getting past all the FAQs etc.) asked the question of Paypal Customer Service.

No response yet, but if I get anything I'll post here.

Login to Me Too

JohnF11
Contributor
Contributor

The saga continues.... I got back to Customer Services, who now say I need to telephone Business Support, and gave the number <removed>. However, when I dial that number I get "that number has not been recognised". 🙄

I've replied, of course, so let's see what happens next.

Login to Me Too

JJ-Streetwear
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue, I still haven’t heard back from paypal. Please let us know if you hear anything!

Login to Me Too

SLsoc
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem as I entered the full name of a stakeholder including middle name. As a result Paypal only considered the first and middle names not the last name. After struggling to find out how to correct this, I finally figured it out (I think).

1)Select Account Settings>

2)Select Business Information then click on Update

3) Scroll down to "Add Stakeholder Role"

4)At next screen Unselect the stakeholder you wish to remove (then what I did was add the stakeholder again with correct first and last name)

5)Click on the next button and continue. If you had unselected the stakeholder you wished to remove you should no longer see them in the stakeholder list.

Hope this works for you and that this explanation was helpful. I had to spend hours trying to set up my Not For Profit PayPal account as there is no one picking up the phone at Paypal - terrible customer service.

Login to Me Too

forthechildren
New Community Member

I have one "Stakeholder" that is marked as missing information.  Unfortunately, adding that information is impossible, I either get a page without any entry fields, or an error "try again later".  Of course it never works "later".

I tried suggestion to go the the "add stakeholders" page.  I deselected all but the first (correct) entry.  After pressing "next" one entry that I added for testing was indeed gone.  However, the entry that is marked as missing information is still there.  Can't appear to get rid of it...

Login to Me Too

ZKP

This works! Just keep unselecting the unwanted Shareholder, it came up 3 times for me for the shareholder I had to remove. Once it goes through all the places they were approved for, they are gone. And I was able to make my percentage 100% and they were gone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.