Reinstatement of PayPal Account that was closed when I did nothing wrong.

oldcollector48
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone can help at all with how to go about appealing a mistaken decision made by the PayPal system to close my account?

I have had this account for some time. Last month, a automatic fraud alert on one of my cards for a purchase through PayPal was automatically issued by the bank. A case was opened in PayPal as well automatically by the system. I have checked with my bank and the fraud alert was canceled and everything is fine with them. But the case remained open in PayPal. I was asked to submit my ID for verification. I did this. This morning I wake up to see my account is now closed by PayPal. 

I know there must be an appeal process for reinstatement. 

I did not violate any Pay{al policies. I am a 72 year old woman and a law abiding citizen my whole life. I use Paypal for purchasing antiques and collectibles and selling old items from my collection. I have always paid my fees and have never once violated their policy. I know this was something triggered simply by the system. 

Any help for my situation would be desperately appreciated. I have tried calling but there are no representatives who are able to discuss my situation. I am told to email which i do and receive no reply. I have also used Facebook and Twitter, but I only get automated responses. 

Please help with any ideas or suggestions if you can. It would be greatly appreciated.

I did not break any PayPal rules and am not even told why this would suddenly happen. It is truly very stressful. I am sorry, and thank you in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.