Regarding confirming receipt

typicalberry
New Community Member

A seller on eBay was selling PS5 for $515. I bought it and paid via PayPal. He told me to request a dispute so that he can cancel the order because according to him they were "understocked" (for an item that didn't release). He cancelled the order himself. Later, he requested a payment through PayPal and sent me an invoice, saying that if I pay this, I'll be in the line for receiving the PS5. I paid the amount (via PayPal). This transaction took place on 23rd of September. The tracking information he uploaded says the item was delivered on September 21st in Alabama (I live in New York). When I asked for a refund, he says just confirm the receipt and he'll refund me. I raised a dispute in the resolution center regarding this issue. But I also read that PayPal releases the funds after 21 days if the buyer doesn't confirm the receipt. And if I confirm the receipt, he'll receive the money and will have the argument stating that he shipped the item, and that's why he won't have to refund me. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.