Refused Refund by PayPal

Martin-ben1970
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a small item of kitchenware, under £10 value on eBay.Co.uk Courier tracking stated it had been delivered to “resident” but I never received it. Pointless complaints to seller, eBay, courier and PayPal have gotten me nowhere despite Consumer Protection laws which make it sellers responsibility to contact courier to address any delivery problems. No information given about who signed for item when I know no-one was at my address. Buyer protection is a joke. Any advice on next course of action appreciated it or should I just stop using eBay or PayPal?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Martin-ben1970, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum!

Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties. We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time. If the tracking information shows as delivered to your location, this is sufficient information to warrant the claim being closed in the seller's favour. Your Consumer Protection Laws are not effected by this. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Martin-ben1970
Contributor
Contributor
Copied verbatim from the the Which consumer website: Delivery rights The retailer is responsible for goods until they are in your physical possession, in the possession of someone appointed by you to accept them or delivered to your nominated safe place. This is because your contract is with the retailer, who you bought the goods from. So, if your goods are still undelivered and you would like to make a complaint, you should complain to the retailer - even if you think it’s down to a poor service from the courier.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

This will apply to you if you wish to proceed with a claim in the small claims court against the merchant. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Martin-ben1970
Contributor
Contributor
Yes but since the value of the item is small it is not worth my time to pursue through court , it does however point out the failings of PayPal and Ebay’s processes to align with consumer law. And the that I have basically been made out to be a liar and thief through the most dubious tracking information. I have already rescheduled my regular PayPal payments to go directly via the bank and I will no longer use eBay or PayPal as I have no faith in your businesses taking responsibility for any consumer protection if something goes wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.