Refunds

Momowick
Contributor
Contributor
I have opened a dispute about a seller he told me Paypal have taken the money from his account. Will it be paid back into my bank ? If so how long does it take? Paypal are saying they don’t know anything about it 🙈
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Momowick 

Once a dispute is filed, the money is withheld from both parties, pending outcome of the dispute. Depending on the circumstance of your case, it make take up to 30 days. The dispute phase is 20 days unless escalated to PayPal within that time and PayPal take 10 days to come up with a ruling.

If you can work out a solution within the first 20 days of the dispute, the seller can issue a refund within the dispute. If the case is escalated, PayPal will decide or the seller has to contact PayPal to issue refund and close the case. If there is no contest, both parties do nothing and let the case expire in the first 20 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Momowick 

Once a dispute is filed, the money is withheld from both parties, pending outcome of the dispute. Depending on the circumstance of your case, it make take up to 30 days. The dispute phase is 20 days unless escalated to PayPal within that time and PayPal take 10 days to come up with a ruling.

If you can work out a solution within the first 20 days of the dispute, the seller can issue a refund within the dispute. If the case is escalated, PayPal will decide or the seller has to contact PayPal to issue refund and close the case. If there is no contest, both parties do nothing and let the case expire in the first 20 days.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.