Refunds

PlumDog123
New Community Member

Hi, 2 scenarios. Firstly, I'm in the process of a dispute (getting a refund) over a counterfeit product. I have returned the item as instructed by PayPal. The next step is for the seller to confirm the item has arrived but they're attempting to say it hasn't arrived, even though I have proof they signed for it? Is there anyway I can speed up this process? Secondly, I recently bought an item from Shpock and paid through 'family and friends'. They didn't send the product (even though they claimed they did) and obviously no buyer protection would cover this. Now, I have proof they have relisted the item; confirming they definitely didn't send it. Any grounds for a refund? Many thanks, Si

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PlumDog123

1. If you had provided written proof on company headed paper from a shop / company that sold / made that item OR trading standards and stated you had that proof when you opened the dispute then you would not have had to return the item. As its against the law to sell fakes Paypal don't expect you to return fake goods BUT the onus is on your to prove its fake first. (Otherwise every buyer would claim something was fake to save having to return it).

2. If you have trackable proof of delivery of the item back to the seller then give c.s. a call and see if they will issue your refund........

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

3. A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

You also risk having your account limited for using this option when you are purchasing goods as its against Paypal rules. Smiley Sad

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

Great points! I want to offer clarification about a couple of items.

In some cases, a person will be instructed to return an item even if the claim is reported to be a counterfeit item. If documents are not requested by the reviewer, prompt return of the item will likely be necessary. It is important to follow the directions as given during the claim process.

I would suggest not saying "Agent" or pressing 0, as using the automated IVR as designed is intended to ensure that you end up connected to the right department the first time. Bypassing the IVR could result in waiting on hold multiple times.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.