Refunds from seller

MagsBute
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have been in correspondence with seller over an item which is not the size ordered and poor quality. After numerous emails they have agreed to refund but say they cannot get it through to my Paypal account until I close the dispute. If I do this I cannot reopen it if they still fail to repay me. Is this a scam or is it right that they cannot refund whilst a dispute is open?   Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MagsBute

If you had to close a dispute to get a refund then what would be the point of having a dispute process in the first place?

You NEVER close a dispute until you have a cleared refund, if the seller did refund then that would close the dispute automatically.

If your seller is refusing to refund then ESCALATE to a claim for paypal to sort for you.

I hope you activated the below link at some point BEFORE you made that transaction so you get free shipping if paypal tell you to return it back to the seller.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MagsBute
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks, you have confirmed my fears. They are looking to avoid refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.