Refunds and Held the balance for 180 days

aroshamh
Contributor
Contributor

I got a refund of 70$ on 26th June 2018 and I did the transaction using my debit card. In summery page, It shows that the amount was refunded to my debit card X-xxxx. At the same day my account was freeze ( due to unknown reason)  , A message shows that the paypal account balance will be held for 180 days. Is this mean I will get my refunds after 180 days or it has already been processed to refund to my card? Please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi aroshamh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

In general, when a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If you paid with a card, the funds will be reversed to the same credit or debit card. In this case, it usually takes 5-7 working days, but it may take up to 30 days for the money to show on your funding source. 

If the refund is showing as 'Completed' in your PayPal balance, it means that the refund has already been issued and confirm. As a consequence, you would not have to wait for 180 for the amount to be reversed to your card.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi aroshamh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

In general, when a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If you paid with a card, the funds will be reversed to the same credit or debit card. In this case, it usually takes 5-7 working days, but it may take up to 30 days for the money to show on your funding source. 

If the refund is showing as 'Completed' in your PayPal balance, it means that the refund has already been issued and confirm. As a consequence, you would not have to wait for 180 for the amount to be reversed to your card.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.