Refunding someone when the item cant be returned as sold!

Holeycoley
New Community Member

Hi there,

I recently bought some hair extensions on eBay and when they arrived they were the wrong colour for me so I resold them on eBay.

The lady that purchased them left great feedback and seemed happy with the purchase.  Last week she opened a case against me saying that she had had the hair extensions put in her hair and they were all matted and she felt they were fake and not the brand that were advertised.    

PayPal have gone in her favour and asked her to return the item in the same state that they were sold and she can have a full refund, however she wont be able to do this as she has had them cut into individual hair extensions and also cut into her hair and blended.

My questions is will I be able to refuse to give her a refund based on the fact that they wont be in the same state as sold?  And I will be unable to resell the item?  Once the delivering back to me takes place is there a way to tell PayPal that the item is not in the same state as sold?

Thanks for any help you can give

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Holeycoley, 

You are very welcome to our PayPal community forum. 

I am sorry to hear that this has happened. Generally with a case like this if your buyer cannot return the item in its original condition then the case would be closed. I would recommend ensuring that what you have advised here is noted on your case for you. You can do this by sending an email via the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and requesting your email that this is added to the case for you. This way our team will be able to review these details when deciding on your case. 

I hope this helps and thanks for posting,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.