Refunded before I could cancel dispute

sjnorman604
Contributor
Contributor

We had an awful time with a seller of a 3D printer. Refused to answer emails, shipping continually said that only a label had been created but the seller kept saying it was shipped, etc. After several emails back and forth, we opened a dispute with PayPal when they refused to cancel or ship the order. Lo and behold, they decided to ship after all. This was a several week process, and we'd already purchased the printer elsewhere. We decided to sell the shipped printer, and it was sold before even arriving to us. We sold it, it got here (FINALLY) and I went on the next day to cancel the dispute - only to discover PayPal had decided in our favor the same day and issued a refund. I mean, ordinarily I'd be happy but I now have received the product and a refund, which feels incredibly dishonest. I've tried reaching out through the PayPal Assistant, but she just keeps sending me to the Resolution Center and the case is closed there, so I can't do anything. How do I reverse a refund? Is it even possible? 

Thanks for any help you can give! I'm just trying to do the right thing here. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sjnorman604
Contributor
Contributor
I ended up just contacting the seller and working directly with them. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Problem solved.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.