“Refund”

Torin2
Contributor
Contributor
Anybody else find it shady when PayPal refuses to have an actual conversation with you about a requested refund? I always thought my money was more secure by using PayPal and up until now I’ve never had a problem. But I ordered from a new company. Thought I’d be protected if they turned out to be a scam. Never got my product. Tracking number they gave me was bogus. Customer service didn’t respond to 4 different emails I sent asking where my product was. Finally filed a dispute with PP. Only for them to take 2 months to finally come to the decision of not refunding me becuase the company gave THEM a tracking number that showed my product being delivered. I didn’t have anybody from PayPal reach out to me about this. The only information From me was my original dispute. I recieved a few emails with new expected resolution dates. Starting back in mid August and finally now on 9/27 I finally got the email that they’ve denied it. I’m very torn because ive Always felt PayPal was the secure way to try new companies. But now I don’t think I trust them with my money.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Torin2 

Was it another one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Torin2
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. Company wouldn’t answer emails looking for tracking info. Original tracking info STILL shows “unknown” but when PayPal reached out they all of a sudden had a tracking number that shows delivered.
Login to Me Too

aprilw484
Contributor
Contributor

I had something similar happen, but I don't understand why PayPal continues to do business with or protects these kinds of companies... or stipulate that the company must pay the return shipping when they intentionally send you a bogus item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.