Refund

Safari79
New Community Member
This has happened to me and recently to my daughter, you use PayPal for security but I’ve received an item that was damaged and wanted a refund, sent from China but had to be returned to America which costs more than the item did, it cost them $3 to send because of some postal deal they do, so the guy at the Post Office said, and my daughter ordered a French Bulldog speaker, it was sent in a satchel which wasn’t damaged in anyway, the actual box the item came in was damaged, legs of dog dislodged and ear was broken off, and broken bit was nit in box, so it was packed already broken, to get a refund she had to post the item back before Paypal would refund the money, which cost more than the item, she had lots of photo evidence, not fair, so I don’t think you are really covered at all, I think they need to look at that, everyone got their money, and we had to chuck the items in the bin. If these companies want the items returned they should pay the postage.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Safari79 

Nowhere does paypal buyer protection say you are 100% covered, you have to read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.