Refund

Nakitaandalan
Contributor
Contributor

I order some stuff from a website I was missing some items. I ask the site for a refund and ended up filing a claim on PayPal. But for some reason the claim is for the whole order not just for the items missing now they are saying to return all items to get my refund. I do not understand I wrote in the dispute that I wanted a refund for missing items. I don’t understand what I should do I do not have the items to return to get my money back.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nakitaandalan

The dispute stage of a paypal claim is for you to negotiate part refunds / part returns with your seller. If you can't sort it out with your seller and you escalate to a claim then the only option paypal give you is to return what you have received back to the seller for a full refund, paypal do not get involved in part refunds / returns.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Nakitaandalan
Contributor
Contributor
But if I did not receive the item how can I return it? And if I used some of the clothes how I can I return it as it was? This doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks for replying
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nakitaandalan

You return what you DID receive.

If you can't return it as it was then up to you if then its up to you if you bother to return it or put the missing items down to a loss.

All this is in paypals buyer protection policy for you to read before you start buying. If you had an incomplete order then its best to keep the items you did receive + packaging until the dispute is resolved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.