Refund

hamzam1995
New Community Member

Hello I disputed a payment because I did no authorize it. I recieved an email from PayPal that the disputed case was in my favor and the amount has been refunded. I do not see it in my bank account and I do not see it in my PayPal balance as well. Is this a common issue? How do I know I was not scammed? I feel that PayPal can not be trusted as a payment method as I was not even using my account and it still took money from my bank account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi hamzam1995, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

I am sorry to hear your PayPal account has been compromised. Please ensure you complete a full virus scan on any device you use, and the password is separate to any other online account you use. Due to Banking Regulations, the refund must be processed back to the original funding source used to complete the payment. I the email notification you receive, advising you of the refund, it will state which funding source the refund has been credited to. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.