Refund

Kasrar2004
New Community Member
I sent $400.00 to my cousin two months ago. The email/account I had for him was 12 years old and he has no access to it. PayPal refuses to refund me claiming the email is valid. What do I do? This is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kasrar2004,

Thanks for your query, normally if an email address is incorrect there may have been a typo in the actual email address itself, but it seems like you are pretty confident it isn't a typo.

Are you able to access the PayPal account you sent the funds too, if not try reset the password and if that fails the account may no longer exist.

Thanks

Harley

If you found this helpful, give me a kudo!

Login to Me Too

Kasrar2004
New Community Member
I don't have access to that account, it was my cousins old account which he can't get into anymore. How do I get my money beck?
Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Kasrar2004 

If the account has no access to it, you would need to file a missing funds claim which would be advisable by contacting PayPal themselves or simply filing an unauthorized funds claim see if that gets you anywhere.

Thanks

Harley 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kasrar2004 and @Insignia3D,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a problem with a payment sent to an account that the recipient can no longer access. Please ask the recipient to contact PayPal for assistance with regaining access to the account, or with authorizing a refund and closing that account. 

I regret that the information given by Insignia3D, while obviously well-intentioned, is not correct. There is no claim type available for a friends and family payment sent to someone who is unable to access their account.

Please also do not open a claim for an unauthorized payment, as the payment was actually authorized and intended, and the claim will be closed upon investigation. Filing claims of unauthorized for payments that you have actually made can cause difficulty with your account, including possible limitation, possible reversal of legitimate payments, and other problems. We want to prevent that kind of inconvenience!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.