Refund

Seleryx
Contributor
Contributor
I seen an item online and bought it, Which was £70. it’s been 2 weeks and still nothing and NO replies from the seller, so I believed I have been scammed and he said I needed to do it through f&f... any help would be appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seleryx 

Course he did f/f =  scammers favourite payment method as you are sending them a 'gift' of money.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Seleryx 

Course he did f/f =  scammers favourite payment method as you are sending them a 'gift' of money.

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Michelandujar
Contributor
Contributor
Hello How to proceed. I have never received a purchase refund since july 24. And the file is closed. And Paypal not answer Or addresses ? Thx
Login to Me Too

_rNechama158

b-2obs69
New Community Member
Hi everyone. I ordered one item online the 1rst April. The price was 74.90. I received one tracking number, but nothing working. I sent many messages, they said, due to Covid-19, I have to wait and after they said, it will coming after 5-6 days, because the bulgarian post office have maintenance issues 🤔🤔. I sent again more messages, but of course, nobody answered. So I don't know if I can have a refund now.
Login to Me Too

Khursheedbygum
Contributor
Contributor
I also got yhe same issues but i received the product and its a nonsense to even called a product ehich is so incredibly annoying and inferior quality that i wish i can have my money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Khursheedbygum 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Khursheedbygum
Contributor
Contributor
The product i ordered was a denture and its horrible. It has sharpened edges and its really harmful for tu put in the mouth. They make something else for the delivery as not mentioned on their online store.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220104d
Contributor
Contributor

There seems to be a number of Chinese sellers that use PayPal as a platform to make money.  The scheme is as follows:

1. advertise a product for for a certain amount of money
  2. send a different product than what they advertised
  3. when you try to file a dispute, PayPal has you try to resolve the issue with the seller
  4. if the seller offers a refund, it is of a lesser amount (they don't even attempt to fix the problem)
  5. you refuse the lesser refund and file the complaint through PayPal
  6. PayPal demands you send the wrong product back to the seller with tracking and here is where it goes sideways.
  7. You take the package to the post office and find out it costs many times more than what you initially paid to ship the product pack to China (for example, spend $30 but cost for return shipping with tracking is $70)
  8. PayPal gives no guarantee you will be reimbursed for the shipping and so you refuse to send back the wrong product
  9. You don't provide proof of shipping and so PayPal closes the dispute. You are stuck with a product that is worth pennies and the seller profits off you.
  10. Win for the seller as they rip you off and have PayPal provide the platform to protect their scam.
Login to Me Too

vt010
Contributor
Contributor
Im having the same issue with refund! The process stops on the ‘under review’ . When will it be refunded back??? The seller is not even responding im waiting for almost a month. Very disappointed to Pp to be honest, just a 10gbp refund wait till today still can’t make it complete. 3more days will reach the estimate refund success day. Hope I can get back my refund, i thought paypal is kinda professional though but now the refund thing changed my mind.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.