Refund

demirandax
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some items from a company which initially I thought  was an US company so I thought  it was secure to buy from them. The goods took a while to be delivered and I became suspicious that it could be a scam.  I went to Google to check the reviews about the company and found out that it is a Chinese company and people were complaining that they don't do refunds saying  that they did not receive the  returned goods or  that they don't recognise the return address as their address .  I only found out the company's information after I have paid  through Paypal  and before I have paid for the goods I haven't any information about this company.  So, due to the bad reviews and the goods not being delivered, I opened a dispute for undelivered goods.  While I was waiting  for Paypal to reply to my claim the goods arrived.  The goods don't fit  me and were of very poor quality  so I returned them by recorded delivery.  I tried to sort out the situation with the supplier but we have not reached an agreement because the supplier said that the returned address was not his address and offered to pay me back  only half the amount i paid  him as gesture of "good will".  To prove that it was his  return address  as it was mentioned on the dispatched label,  I put a copy of his label and a copy of the  Royal Mail recorded delivery receipt to prove that I returned the goods to him to the address mentioned on his label. I have explained all this situation in my claim but it seemed that the person in Paypal reading the case did not understand it in full and decided in favour of the seller and closed my case. I have contacted the seller to have my refund,  but the seller has not replied or  made any refund to my account. I have been messaging Paypal but I received the same automated answer to go to the resolution centre but there is not  an option for me to request a refund on the Resolution Centre. I can only see two options:  the wrong  charged amount or charging subscription and this is not my case. I am getting annoyed with Paypal because you can't talk with someone on the phone and if you call goes through  none of the automated options fit my case.  There are many "companies" using Paypal to scam people and this company seems like one of them. Please could you help by advising what I can do  to  get my money back. 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@demirandax 

You would lose a dispute for non receipt of item if the seller had trackable proof of delivery.

However you can 'change' the dispute to one of 'not as described' as long as you do so promptly before the dispute for non receipt closes.

If and when paypal find in your favour then they will tell you the address to return the items to so that you are covered for a refund.

A lot of China companies despatch goods from depots within your country but the return address is back to China, so if you don't wait for paypal to tell you where to return the goods and go ahead and return them to the wrong return address then you won't have buyer

protection unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.