Refund with no balance

Belle447
New Community Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to issue a refund for something I sold that supposedly the buyer never received. I never let the funds sit on my paypal balance, always withdraw them to my bank account, so when I tried to issue the refund it wouldn't let me. I thought I would be able to pay for the refund with my card (which I still don't get why that is not an option). The only option that seems available is to give them permissions to take money from my bank account, which is something I don't want to do both because of personal experience and that of others. Is there any other way around this?

Also, the customer reported their package as not received, so paypal turned my balance negative while trying to hold the funds for the transaction. If I sell something else I know that the money will be taken by paypal to even the balance, but will that money ever be returned to me after the issue is resolved? I'm very confused at the moment, there doesn't seem to be any agents available to help, and as of right now I don't see a scenario in which I don't end up losing money.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Belle447,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

If we held the amount of the transaction and your account went negative, it sounds like a case has been filed, if that is the case, you should be able to complete the refund from the case directly. If you want to pay the negative balance using your card, I would recommend giving us a call. If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.Then, one of our agents can transfer you to the correct department. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.