Refund request denied - Advice

Barry1362
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I'm looking for some advice please. I paid for a product on the Kickstarter Crowdfunding platform, which was taken via paypal in May 2019. This is effectively payment for a pre order, as the goods were to be delivered around November 2019.  The project was a success and the goods were to be sent in November.  However, despite being apparently dispatched in November, they appear to have become lost in transit somewhere between Italy and Scotland.  After an inconclusive discussion with the company about a refund I raised a dispute with Paypal, but was told it was denied because the payment was more than 180 days old. However, it only became an issue in November, after the non delivery became known so is only really a matter of several weeks old, and I could not have raised this any earlier.   Is this something that Paypal can take into consideration?  surely there must be a facility for refunds for what as pre orders, when the actual order does not materialise?

Any advice gratefully received!

Barry

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barry1362 

Sorry, you're out of gas here. It's been more than 180 days and donations including payments on crowdfunding platforms and businesses (when you buy or invest in a business) are not covered. If a credit card was used, you might find recourse with them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barry1362 

Sorry, you're out of gas here. It's been more than 180 days and donations including payments on crowdfunding platforms and businesses (when you buy or invest in a business) are not covered. If a credit card was used, you might find recourse with them.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.