Refund over 180 Days

Rod737
Contributor
Contributor

I paid a small sum for a service in January 2018, which it seems was not fulfilled and the company involved are happy to refund me, and suggested I open a dispute. This was denied by the Paypal System because it was outside the 180 day window. This is all new territory for me, every other transaction has gone off perfectly, and this is a small sum, but I would like to know how between the three of us, the company, PayPal and myself, this refund could be achieved.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rod737 

The seller can just send you a PayPal payment for the amount as refund. The issue refund feature within the original transaction is no longer available after 180 days and that's what PayPal suggests users do if it has been more than 180 days.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-faq780

"You can also make a full or partial refund after 180 days following the date of the original payment. You can use the Send Money feature of your account to refund someone more than 180 days after the original payment date."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rod737 

The seller can just send you a PayPal payment for the amount as refund. The issue refund feature within the original transaction is no longer available after 180 days and that's what PayPal suggests users do if it has been more than 180 days.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-refund-faq780

"You can also make a full or partial refund after 180 days following the date of the original payment. You can use the Send Money feature of your account to refund someone more than 180 days after the original payment date."

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ddm49
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just angry! PayPal is the worst company on the market! First, they blocked my business because they thought I was a fraud, even though I didn't break any rules or cheat any of my clients. Everyone received their goods on time and is happy. Now it's been 180 days, maybe even 190, and I can't get my money back. I try to contact the support service but I only get automatic messages that my account is blocked forever. No one alive even reads this. How do I get my money back? Maybe for them it is crumbs, but for me $ 3600 is very important now. Never use Paypal. Stripe is the best.

Login to Me Too

CeST04

I've been having this problem for some times too! It's definitely been more than 180 days and it still limits my account and I haven't got any email from them?? How do I even contact them directly??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.