Refund on hold

Bkedds
New Community Member
I purchased some items from a company back in oct and have not received any items since. Every time I contacted them they would give excuses as to why items not shipped yet. I found many other people were in the same boat. When the company owner found out she told everyone to dispute through PayPal as she had no $ to pay refunds, I went through PayPal and now she issued a refund but it is on hold and yet is telling and showing everyone that her PayPal acct is in the negative. Does this mean I won’t get my money back from her? What does this mean for my refund? Can I escalate the claim now that she has “accepted” it??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bkedds 

LOL does the seller think PayPal will refund her customers for her out of their pocket? Not. Or, I highly doubt it.

If seller has no money in their PayPal balance or their bank account...the refund will be canceled and you won't receive any funds unless the seller receives money into their PayPal balance from Susan and Tom to pay Jill and Harry. And you won't be able to do anything with the dispute to get your money back because a refund was technically put through on the dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bkedds
New Community Member
Crap, that’s totally what’s going to happen..... this sucks butt. Is there anything else I can do?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.