Refund on an item I accidentally opened, when opening package

sandra11111
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know if there is anything Paypal can do to help me with getting at least a partial refund on a product. The product was tightly stuffed into a bag. When I opened the bag, the cutter accidentally opened the product. Now it is not eligible for return due to being opened, even though otherwise I can return it within the vendor's return policy. Can Paypal help?

I would be ok with the vendor charging me his cost for the item and returning the rest of the cost, and I will still return the item to him.

It is an expensive health-related item and my provider told me not to use it. The seller knew that I might want to return it when I bought i t and he agreed to take the return assuming the bag was unopened. I just didn't know he would stuff that bag so tightly.

Can PayPal help? Do I have any rights? What is the best course of action?

I sent the seller an email asking for this solution Friday and he did not reply.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @sandra11111 

Thank you for posting.

Since you have attempted to contact your seller directly yourself but got no response, you may still want to try filing a Dispute through PayPal and let's here from your seller. Please see the links below.

I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute? - Please select "Significantly Not as Described" as your reason for Dispute.

Please note that you only have 20 days to get this resolved with your seller but you can go ahead and escalate your Dispute anytime within 20 days.

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

sandra11111
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Ragnar,

I did what you recommended- thank you.

The seller has not replied in any way. 

How would I frame the claim? The same way as the dispute?

I put, as you recommended, "Significantly not as described" and I had written in the description,

"Badmonkey Botanicals,
I asked to receive a refund of all but his cost for the item, and in addition to return the item to him. He has a 30 day return policy which is about to pass. However, I contacted him on 4/17, well within the 30 day return window, and he has not replied. I also followed up with a phone message.

Requested Refund: $329.35 USD

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 3:30:07 PM"

Would I just repeat this or is there something I should say in addition?

Thanks for your help with this tricky situation.

Sandra

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.